Sunday, June 12, 2016

Harold, the Refrigerator Magnet



This is Harold, my refrigerator magnet guy.  He is made from white Makin’s Clay®.  I sculpted him, shoved a bunch of feathers in the top of his head, and let the clay dry.  Then, I antiqued him with burnt umber oil paint, painting the paint on and then rubbing it off leaving it in the cracks so he would have more detail.  I’m not normally a sculptor but I had seen a similar guy made with ceramic clay and wanted one for my fridge so I made Harold.  He makes me smile when I look at him.    







5 comments:

  1. I think he is adorable. I have a very close friend who loves fridgies. I would like to try my hand at something like this for her, if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't mind. I would love to see it when you're do Everything!

      Delete
    2. Done with it! How that got changed to do Everything! Is beyond me. Lol

      Delete
    3. Thanks. Ya just gotta love auto-correct! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete